Fantasea Sony A6400 Underwater Housing
Currently Unavailable, More Coming Soon!
Now Includes Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System
The housing for the Sony A6400 camera has been designed to be rugged yet stylish with excellent ergonomics. The housing is lightweight and compact which makes it great to travel with. The housing features the Fantasea Hybrid Safety System which includes a pre-dive check and a constant on-dive leak detection. It provides you a confirmation that the housing has a watertight seal and the peace of mind that your camera rig is safe.
For a complete set up, we highly recommend the Fantasea A6400 Housing, Port and Zoom Gear Kit
Fantasea A6400 Housing Features:
- Includes Hybrid Vacuum Safety System
- Moisture Detector and Alarm
- Full access to all essential camera buttons & functions with clearly marked controls
- Shock resistant construction
- Ergonomic design
- Double O-ring protection for a perfect watertight seal
- Moisture Detector and Alarm, Hand Strap and Body Cap included at no additional cost!
- Interchangeable lens port and lens gear system is available, allowing for the use of a wide range of lenses
- Double fiber optic cable port
- M16 port for a variety of connections, including HDMI, vacuum valve or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads
- Shutter release extension available for easy access when using housing tray and handles
- Additional optional housing accessories are available
Sony A6400 Camera Specifications:
- 24.2 MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Latest BIONZ X Processor
- Lightning quick autofocus acquisition of 0.02 sec
- 425 phase detection contrast-detection AF points covering approximately 84% of image area
- Real-time autofocus tracking for object tracking
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 11 fps
- Improved buffer size for JPEG and RAW
- Advanced High-Resolution 4K with Fast Hybrid Autofocus
- Interval recording for time-lapse videos
- 180-degree fully tiltable LCD touch screen
- Sony 16-50mm lens for wide-angle and medium sized subjects. This lens is most versatile, working with the Fantasea UCL-09 diopter for macro and UWL-09F wet lens for wide-angle.
- Sony 16mm F2.8 pancake lens + Sony fisheye conversion lens for reefs, mantas, whale sharks, whales.
- Sony 90mm macro lens for great macro, small fish, supermacro.
- Sony 10-18mm lens. Great wide-angle lens to be used with compatible dome port.
Best Wet Lens Options
For use with the Fantasea FML Flat Port 34.
- Fantasea UCL-09LF Macro diopter with +12.5 magnification.
- Fantasea UCL-05LF Macro diopter with +6 magnification.
- Fantasea UWL-09F Wide-angle wet lens.
Change Lenses with Ease:
Utilize the best accessories available from Fantasea in order to quickly and easily change lenses underwater. The Fantasea Bayonet system makes it simple to remove and replace your wet lenses while diving. Using the Sony 16-50mm lens and flat port, you can add on the Bayonet pieces and have an excellent wide angle and macro set up all on the same dive. This is the most flexible mirrorless system for underwater photography.
- For the Housing: Fantasea Bayonet Female on M67 Port
- For the UWL-09F Wide Angle Lens: Fantasea Bayonet Male for UWL-09F
- For your M67 Macro Lens: Fantasea Bayonet Male for 67mm Macro Lens
- To hold your lenses when not in use: Fantasea Bayonet Female on Arm
Sony A6400 Camera Upgrades from the Sony A6300:
- More of a “sports oriented” focus system – better real-time autofocus tracking and better eye detection autofocus
- Better low-light autofocus – working range of EV -2 to 20 (expanded from -1 to 20)
- New-generation BONZ X processor
- Upper ISO limit increased from a default of ISO 25,600 to ISO 32,000
- Buffer capacity almost doubled – Sony claims 99 extra fine JPEGs, 46 raw files, or 44 raw+JPEG
- Support for HD proxy video recording
- Can now shoot video with Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), S-Log2, or S-Log 3 picture profiles for HDR-ready footage
- Loss of MP4 file format for video shooters – only XAVCS and AVCHD formats available
- 180-degree fully tiltable LCD touch screen – great for vlogging (screen flips up, not to side)
Sony A6400 Review
Read our full Sony A6400 review for underwater to learn more about the camera features and why we love it.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Fantasea Housings
- Sony A6400 Underwater Housings
- Underwater Video Lights Recommendation
- Underwater Strobes Guide
- Underwater Photo Gear
- Underwater Camera Rental
Fantasea A6400 Housing Review:
Sony A6400 Sample Underwater Photos:
If your here looking for a housing for your Sony a6300 or Sony a6500, Fantasea makes a great housing for the Sony a6300/a6500 as well!