Nauticam NA-A6400 Underwater Housing for Sony A6400
Nauticam has been known to provide top notch and high quality underwater housings for popular cameras. Their housings is also built from aircraft grade aluminum which makes it durable, robust and built to last. The Nauticam Sony A6400 Underwater Housing lives up to Nauticams standards especially when it comes to ergonomics. Camera controls are very easy to access even when wearing gloves.The housing is also packed with awesome features which makes your shooting experience wonderful.
NA-A6400 Housing Key Features
Patented Port Locking System
Unveiled on the very first Nauticam DSLR housing in 2009, this locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and even the largest dome locks securely in place with this lever. Nauticam also offers locking port extension rings, meaning a dome will never twist.
Rotary Locking Latch
An oversized rotary latch securely locks the housing without the risk of having an accidental opening incident.
Angled LCD Option
The mounting tray of the camera allows the LCD screen to be tilted at 15° angle. This can reduce glare and at the same time it is beneficial for low angle composition, shooting while snorkeling and surgace imaging.
Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak Detection
An integrated leak detection circuity is included to provide a constant seal monitoring of your housing. You can also combine an optional M14 Vacuum Valve II in order to have a vacuum seal and to have peace of mind that your camera is sealed inside. The Vacuum Monitoring shows the integrity of the seal.
- Integrated Handles - The housing features an integrated handles with stainless steel stiffening brackets which provides a stable base and an attachment point for your strobes and video light. The handles also can be adjusted outwards to accommodate larger hands or when using thick gloves.
- Mission Controls - Buttons and levers placement of the housing has been well thought off. Everything is available at your finger tips. A thumb lever on the right side of the housing triggers the Magnify control key which can be used to control AF/MF-AEL. This control can be customized in-camera to lock or activate autofocus. This back-button autofocus control is a favorite of underwater users as it separates autofocus activation from the shutter release to prevent unwanted refocusing during sequential shots or during video shooting.
- Flash Trigger - The strobes can be triggered using the cameras on-board pop-up flash via fiber optic cables. The housing also features a lever which enables to close and open the camera's flash underwater. This is great when you forget to open the flash while underwater.
- More Power - Need more juice while underwater or would want to minimize changing of battery? The housing is designed to accomodate an optional battery pack which connects to the camera via USB and provides extra battery life.
- Nauticam M14 Vacuum System
- Nauticam 45° Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
- Nauticam 180° Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
- Nauticam Battery Pack for Sony A6400
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
Sony A6400 Review for Underwater
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Sony A6400 review.