Ikelite Canon G7X Mark III Start-Up Package
Ikelite is known for its lightweight, sturdy polycarbonate underwater housings and the Canon G7X III housing lives up to its name. It is built from an ABS-PC blend material which makes it lightweight, strong, and corrosion free with minimal maintenance. The housing features ergonomc button and lever placement and each control is easily accessible even when wearing thick gloves.
The pacakge also includes with a Sea & Sea YS-01 Solis Strobe which small yet powerful strobe which makes the colors of your photos pop out really nice. It is also compact, which makes it to position underwater. Aside from the strobe, the package also comes with an Ultralight tray, handle, arm and clamps to stablize your underwater rig when shooting.
- Contstruction - Ikelite's ABS-PC blend provides strength and corrosion free performance with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
- Ergonomics - A slide-in, front loading camera mount makes this housing a breeze to set up and shoot. Controls are provided for all important camera functions including front and rear control dials. Controls are placed in an intuitive position and designed for comfortable access whether you're holding the housing or an add-on handle. A sensitive shutter lever makes it easy to half-depress the trigger for focusing and metering. Rear push button controls are laser engraved for identification with a new bright red push button for the video record start/stop. The camera's large LCD screen can be seen clearly through the back of the housing. The screen can be tilted during installation for more comfortable viewing underwater. Use the camera's built-in WiFi feature to download photos to another device without removing the camera from the housing. The WiFi feature is only usable above water within close proximity to the connected device.
- Flash - Due to the position of the camera's flash in relation to its lens, the built-in flash is not suitable to illuminate photos under water. For the best color and clarity, we recommend adding a filter, strobe, or constant-on light. The built-in flash may be used to trigger external strobes via fiber optic sync cord. Two ports are provided for the connection of up to two fiber optic cords.
- Zoom, Super Macro, Semi-Wide Angle - The standard 3" diameter optical glass port accommodates the camera's full 24-100mm zoom range underwater. 67mm threaded macro wet lenses attach directly to the front of the housing's lens port for super macro photography. Compatible wet lenses include but are not limited to the Inon UCL-165, Subsee Magnifier, Saga close up lenses, Nauticam CMC-1, and others. The optional WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides a wider angle of view underwater without the edge distortion, vignetting, or weight typically associated with an external wide angle wet lens. The WD-3 is a 0.75x magnification factor and simply slides on and off of the housing's lens port. The W-30 Wide Angle Lens, Inon UWL-H100, and other 67mm threaded wide angle lenses, provide a wider maximum angle of view. Because these are separated from the camera's lens by glass, air, and water, vignetting (dark clipping of the edges of the image) and edge distortion will be present. These effects can be reduced or eliminated by using a smaller aperture, zooming in slightly, and/or cropping in post-production.
- Vacuum & Seal - There is no greater assurance than being able to see your camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing. Ikelite's signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel. Once the housing is closed you can see the o-ring form a solid, waterproof seal. A spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easily installation of the optional Vacuum Kit # 47012. A hand pump with gauge allows you to draw a vacuum on the housing to simulate water pressure and check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Maximum Guide Number 20
- Wide beam angle of 100° x 100°
- Provides enough power even when shooting wide angle
- A special design prism lens provide even light dispersion
- Equipped with DS TTL II and allows you to adjust the intensity of light by 1/3 EV.
- Improved target light which can now serve as a dive light also
- Has a pre flash cancel mode
- Auto power off when the strobe is left turned on for a long time
- Over pressure relieve valve
G7X Mark III Review:
Read our full Canon G7X Mark III review to lean more about its features and why we love it for underwater photography.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Ikelite Housings
- Recommended Underwater Video Lights
- Underwater Strobe & Flash Guide
- Underwater Photo Gear
- Underwater Equipment Rental
Ikelite Canon G7X Mark III Sample Underwater Images:
- Depth Rating: 200 ft (60 m)
- Controls for all camera functions except Flash pop-up button (flash must be extended when installing the camera in the housing)
- Two built-in fiber optic ports
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- 1/4-20 threaded tray mounting with 3" (76mm) spacing
- Weight: 2.3 lb (1061 g)
- Dimension: 6.9 x 5.5 x 5" (175 x 140 x 127 mm)
- 3.0" diameter glass lens port supports full zoom range 24-100mm
- Ikelite Canon G7X Mark III Housing
- Rear O-Ring
- Vinyl Port Cover
- .050" Hex Key
- 1/16" Hex Key
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc tube
- Sea & Sea YS-01 Solis Strobe
- Sea & Sea fiber optic cable
- Ultralight Tray*
- Ultralight handle
- Ultralight 5" arm
- Ultralight new-style clamps(2)
- Ultralight AD-SS YS-Mount Adapter