Ikelite Olympus E-M1 Mark III Underwater Housing
The Ikelite Olympus E-M1 Mark III Underwater Housing is a high-quality, polycarbonate housing, made in the USA. Suitable for all water applications - such as diving, surf photography, pool photography, snorkeling, etc, this housing offers full control of the camera with ergonomic controls. The corrosion free ABS-PC blend offers lightweight durability - ideal for travel.
- Excellent Ergonomics and Handling - The housing has been designed to have excellent ergonomics. All buttons, knobs and lever are readily available at your fingertips and is very easy to control even while wearing thick gloves. With this deisgn, it allows you to concentrate more on composition, focus, and proper exposure.
- Setup - Installing the camera to the housing is a breeze with its front-loading camera mount design A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing.
- Viewfinder - The LCD screen can be viewd using the edge-to-edge through the back of the housing. The included magnified optical viewfinder provides enhanced viewing of the camera's electronic viewfinder (EVF) for both image composition and review.
- Port System - The housing utilizes Ikelite's DLM/B port system which offers various ports for a wide variety of camera lenses.
- Durability - Ikelite uses their ABS-PC blend housing provides strength and corrosion free performance year with minimal maintenance. ABS-PC is lighter than aluminum for convenience during travel
Lens Recommendations for Underwater:
- Olympus 60mm Macro - fast focusing and stunning macro
- Panasonic 8mm Fisheye - perfect wide angle option for reefs, wrecks, and close focus wide angle
- Panasonic 7-14mm Wide Angle - Awesome for pelagics, sharks, and landscape photos. Wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view and zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 45mm Macro- High quality macro lens
- Olympus 9-18mm Wide Angle - great for pelagics, and wide angle when you do not want the wide fisheye view. Zoom offers more flexibility if you can't get right up close to your subject.
- Panasonic 12-35mm - great mid range wide lens for video, fast F2.8 min aperture.
- Olympus 12-50mm - a good mid-range zoom option. Offers built in macro mode that is compatible with the Nauticam housing
Read about the best micro-four thirds lenses for underwater
- Sea & Sea YS-D2J (Japanese Version)
- Inon Z-330 Underwater Strobe
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis SS-3
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
Recommended Video Lights:
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light - Bluewater Exclusive!
- Fisheye Fix Neo Premium 4030 EF II Video Light
- Big Blue VTL3500P Video Light
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our list of best underwater video lights.
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III Camera Review.
Sample Underwater Images:
Mosshead Warbonnet photographed with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III, Ikelite EM1 Mark III housing, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes w/Ikelite TTL converter, Olympus 60mm macro lens
Beautiful low light wolf eel portrait captured with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III camera, Ikelite OMD EM1 Mark III housing, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes w/ Ikelite TTL converter, Olympus 7-14mm Pro lens.
Buffalo sculpin eye photographed with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III, Ikelite EM1 Mark III housing, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes w/Ikelite TTL converter, Olympus 60mm macro lens, Saga magic tube
Scalyhead sculpin photographed with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III, Ikelite EM1 Mark III housing, dual Ikelite DS 161 strobes, Olympus 60mm macro lens
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Ikelite Housings and Strobes
- Recommended Strobes for Underwater Photography
- Underwater Photo Gear
- Underwater Camera Rental
- Depth Rating: 200 ft (60m)
- Port System: DLM Type B Port Mount
- Controls for all camera functions except multi-selector, one touch white balance button, Fn lever, preview button, and diopter adjustment dial
- Glass optical viewfinder corrected for viewing through a dive mask; optional straight and 45º magnifying viewfinders
- Two 1/4-20 threaded tray mounts with 3" (76mm) spacing
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight: 2.9 lbs (1322 g)
- Diameter: 7.5 x 5.75 x 5.875" (190 x 146 x 149 mm)
- Material: ABS-PC, acrylic, and acetal construction with type III anodized aluminum and stainless steel controls
- 2 year limited warranty