Nauticam Sony A6600 Underwater Housing
Nauticam is known for their innovation in their underwater housing designs. They create the absolute best user experience when shooting underwater photos and video, and the Nauticam NA-A6600 housing is no exception. The Nauticam Sony A6600 housing is crafted from high quality aluminum with controls and dials designed for great ergonomics. Every control is only a finger's distance from the handles! The housing is depth rated to 100m and is small and compact which is great for traveling. All buttons are clearly labeled. The housing includes two fiber optic ports and a leak sensor. The rotating housing latch is secure and easy to use.
We think the Sony A6600 is the top-of-the-line camera of the Sony A6000 series. It offers amazing APS-C sensor image quality as well as perks lke in-body image-stabilizaton (IBIS), HDR picture profiles for video, improved AF tracking, and a much better battery life than the Sony A6500. In fact, the highlight of the camera is it's battery life. So if you want the best APS-C mirrorless camera on the market, you'd be hard pressed to find a camera that has all of these features.
*The Nauticam Sony A6600 housing is not compatible with the N85 to N120 50mm adapter (36206). It needs the N85 to N120 50mm port adapter II (36207)
Port Locking System
Nauticam is known for their well designed port locking systems. Their port locking system uses a lever to lock their ports in place. Nauticam's port extensions can also lock with a lever.
Housing Lock System
Nauticam's housing lock system is even easier to use than their port lock system! It consists of a single rotary latch and a lock button. The housing can be open and closed with a single motion.
Handles and Controls
The Nauticam A6600 housing has two ergonomic handles that are supported with brackets and equipped with 1" ball mounts. These mounts are standard in the underwater photographic industry and should work with most arms.
All of the housings buttons and dials are clearly labled and within reach from the handles.
Optional 2500MAH Battery Pack
The battery life on the Sony A6600 is great, especially when compared to previous models of the camera. However, if you go for a lot of dives back to back, then you might want that extra battery. The battery sits below the camera inside the housing and provides power via usb. This means you don't have to open up the housing to swap batteries.
HDMI 1.4 Output
The Sony A6600 is an awesome camera for underwater video - one of the best APS-C cameras on the market. The NA-A6600 housing can be paired with external monitors that can be used as recorders and large screens to aid in focus and exposure underwater.
- Must have (if you're shooting fiber optic cables): LED Flash Trigger (36315)
- Nauticam Universal Fiber Optic Cable
- Nauticam Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
- Nauticam 180 Degree Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
- Nauticam 45 Degree Viewfinder for Mirrorless Housings
Nauticam A6600 Recommended Lenses for Underwater
- Sony 16mm F2.8 pancake lens + Sony fisheye conversion lens for reefs, mantas, whale sharks, whales
- Zeiss 12mm prime for pool work, video, sharks
- Sony 10-18mm F4 wide-angle lens for sharks
- Sony 30mm macro lens - not the best lens for macro, but it is small, sharp, light and at a good price point
- Sony 16-50mm for fish, marine life portraits, macro
- Sony 90mm macro lens for great macro, small fish, supermacro
Sony A6600 Key Features
- 24.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 0.02 second autofocus acquisition – contrast-phase detect hybrid AF system
- 425 phase detection AF points and 425 contrast detect AF points
- Real-time autofocus tracking, including Real-time AF
- Animal Eye AF
- Native ISO range of 100-32000
- 1/160 sec sync speed with flash
- 810 shot battery life with the new NP-FZ100 battery
- 1.0 cm electronic viewfinder (limited underwater application)
- 4K @30fps video, 1080p @ 60fps
- HDR picture profiles for video
- 5 axis in-body image-stabilization
- Supports E-Mount lenses
- 2.75” X 4.75” X 2.75”
- Weight: 503 grams
Key Upgrades from the Sony a6500
- Bigger battery grip for a larger NP-FZ100 battery
- Better battery life – 810 shots per charge vs 350 shots on the a6500
- Tilting LCD screen that can tilt 180 degrees up – good for vloggers
- 425 contrast detect AF points – up from 169 on the a6500
- Improved AF tracking – animal eye AF!
- ISO range extended – no 100-32000
- Unlimited video recording time
- HDR picture profiles for video – HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3
- Headphone jack
No more built-in flash – this will be a drawback for those using sync cords as you will now need to use a flash trigger to trigger fiber optic cables
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Sony A6600 Camera Review.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Depth rating: 100m
- Port Opening: N85
- Weight (in air): 1.65kg
- Weight (in water w/camera): 0.43kg
- Dimensions (with handles): 307mm (W) X 168mm (H) X 104mm (D)
- Dimensions (without handles): 208mm (W) X 144mm (H) X 104mm (D)
- NA-A6600 Housing
- 1X90133 spare main o-ring, o-ring remover, lubricant
- housing cap
- CR-2032 battery for moisture alarm
- Allen keys
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- 2X stainless steel handle brackets
- 2X handles with mounting balls and tray