Sea & Sea Nikon D850 Underwater Housing
Discontinued. We have other Nikon D850 Housings Available
Ultra lightweight Aluminum Housing
The Sea & Sea Nikon D850 underwater housing has been expertly engineered and machined to be lightweight without sacrificing functionality. Weighing 11% less than the Sea & Sea Nikon D810 housing, it is also lighter than both the Nauticam and Aquatica aluminum D850 housings. This makes it awesome to travel with when going on dive trips.
D850 Camera Review
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Nikon D850 review.
Sea &Sea D850 Housing Key Features:
- Smaller Size and Lighter Weight - The D850 housing has been machined to be extremely lightweight. In addition Sea & Sea revised the internal design in order to reduce the overall size of the housing in addition to limiting weight. Without handles, the housing weighs only 6.2lbs (2.85kg).
- Controls Within Reach - Improvements to locations of important controls have been updated, allowing for easy reach while maintaining a grip on the housing handles. The frequently used Main and Sub-Command dials are now located directly on the right side of the housing. ISO, REC and other camera functions can be operated by external levers whilst holding the grips.
- Quality Build - all dials in this housing include a spring (damper) which prevents slipage, even if the camera dimensions are slightly different than the spec or as parts begin to wear over time. The buttons and controls all include luminescent stickers which glow in dark enviornments, making it easy to identify your controls during night dives. The housing includes a leak sensor, and sacrifical zinc anodes to prevent damage from electrolysis.
- Superior TTL Control - The Sea & Sea Optical YS Converter/N1 can be built into the housing which converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal to a light signal for accurate TTL controls with your underwater strobes. Both TTL and manual strobe modes can be used and controlled from the housing using a Fiber-Optic Cable II.
Other Features of the Housing:
- Easy to remove handles, makes packing for travel a breeze.
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as Sea & Sea VF45 Viewfinder and Sea & Sea 180 Degree Viewfinder can be used.
- Includes a sync cord bulkhead. The sync cord 2-pin connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Accessory port enables use of Leak Alarm Unit.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the center underside of the housing.
- Depth rating of 100m / 330ft
- Nikon 60mm AF-S Macro
- Nikon 105mm AF-S VR
- Nikon AF-S 16-35mm F4 Lens
- Nikon 8-15mm F3.4-4 Lens
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 Fisheye Lens
- Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye Lens
- Sea & Sea VF45 Viewfinder
- Sea & Sea 180 Degree Viewfinder
- Sea & Sea Leak Alarm Unit
- Sea & Sea YS-D2J Strobe
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis Pro Strobe with Video Light SS-2 (4,000 Lumens Video Light)
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Nikon D850 Underwater Housings
- Sea & Sea Products
- Underwater Photography Equipment
- Underwater Strobes & Flashes
- Professional Underwater Video Lights
Nikon D850 Features:
- Nikon-designed back-side illuminated (BSI) full-frame image sensor with no optical low-pass filter
- 45.7 megapixels
- Outstanding dynamic range
- The lowest base ISO (ISO 64)
- 153-point AF, 99 cross-type AF points
- Focus Shift shooting mode
- Up to 9 fps continuous shooting at full resolution
- 4K Ultra HD video recording
- slow motion up to 120 FPS at 1080p
- 8K and 4K time-lapse movies
- Tilting touchscreen
- Great battery performance
Sample Underwater Photo Taken with the D850:
Email us at email@example.com or call (310) 633-5052 with any questions.