Sea & Sea Sony A7 III & A7R III Underwater Housing
The Sea & Sea A7 III and A7R III housing (also known as MDX-A7III housing) has been designed to offer the best underwater shooting experience. Using Sea & Sea's quality build practices, this high end, aluminum housing offers full camera control, features molded grips, luminescent buttons and nice ergonomics for easy control.
No Adapter Needed!
This underwater housing has been designed to accept the standard line of DSLR ports from Sea & Sea allowing for the use of all Sony lenses, without having to install them from the front! In addition this means no additional adapter is needed when using larger diameter lenses, reducing the number of o-ring seals to maintain and improving overal ease of use.
NEW!! Buoyancy Pocket
Optical Converter S1
Sea & Sea is well known for their high quality YS Converters to enable accurate TTL exposure underwater. The Sea & Sea A7R III housing is no exception. This housing is compatible with the Sea & Sea "optical converter S1" which converts the strobe light emission signal of the camera to LED light and synchronizes with the Sea & Sea YS strobe. It is a high-performance converter that does not just emit simple light-emitting signals like other companies, but also performs TTL auto light control. **Sony original adapter "ADP - MAA" is required separately for connecting camera and optical converter.**
- Sony 16-35mm lens - F4 for wide-angle, sharks, pelagics, video
- Sony 28mm + fisheye conversion lens - For ultra-wide angle
- Sony 28-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, some macro
- Sony 24-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, video
- Sony 90mm macro lens - For macro, supermacro, fish
Sea & Sea MDX-A7RIII Features:
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used.
- Some vignetting occurs: When the VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the uper part of the camera's viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the center underside of the housing.
- Equipped with a rubber under guard to protect from scraching.
Sony A7R III Camera Review
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater photography in our full Sony A7R III review.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Body: Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy / Grip: Corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
- Depth Rating: 100m / 330ft
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 328 x 188 x 131 mm / 12.9 x 7.4 x 5.2 inches
- Weight (housing only): 2,700g / 95oz