Isotta Nikon Z9 Underwater Housing
The Ferrari of the Sea
More details will be added as soon as we get word from the manufacturer
Isotta has been known to produce high quality aluminum underwater housings, and their Isotta Nikon Z9 housing continues to live up to their reputation. The housing is compact, lightweight, has excellent ergonomics and can take a beating. It also has a unique, yet very easy, way to open the housing with their single-hand locking system. In addition, the housing has a double o-ring seal design which ensures that your camera is safe and drastically decreases the chances of flooding.
The optional Optical Flash Trigger/TTL Flash Trigger can be installed on the housing, please choose from the options above. The flash triggers gives the signal to the strobes to fire using fiber optic cables. This is by far the most straight forward and ergonomic way of firing strobes.
Isotta housings do not come pre-installed with a vacuum system, however, using the bulkheads provided you can easily connect Isotta's new Vacuum System, or even a third-party vacuum system such as the Vivid Leak Sentinel V5. Vacuum systems are highly recommended for all underwater housings, as they provide peace-of-mind that your housing will not leak during the dive.
Isotta Z9 Key Housing Features:
- Red color anodized aluminum body
- Ergonomic side handles, adjustable (via optional accessory)
- Two fiber optic connections standard (to shoot it needs an additional trigger)
- Three M16 holes and one M28 for installation of accessories, e.g. syncro cords, vacuum valves, monitors
- Back housing completely detachable from the front housing
- Tray with lock for the easy insertion of the camera
- Aluminum buttons and dials with engraved symbols identical to camera controls
- Wide back display viewfinder glass
- Removable port 120 mm bayonet
- Ports security latch to prevent accidental opening
- M8 hole located on upper side of the housing for various accessories such as focus lights
- Two M6 holes located on housing bottom side for different accessories such as brackets for strobes or tripods
- External viewfinders can be mounted, INON X-2 compatible
Other Standard Housuing features include:
Single-Handed Locking System
The housings can be easily opened and closed using Isotta's innovative single-hand locking system. The single latch closing mechanism is a unique design and is effortless to operate while maintains a secure seal with its double steel pins design at the bottom of the housing.
Double O-Ring Seal
The Isotta Nikon Z7 Underwater Housing utilizes the double o-ring seal design to ensure that the camera is always safe and dry inside the housing. It is always best to have a redundant o-ring on your seal to ensure that the housing is water-tight.
The included adjustable dual handle of the housing provides comfort when shooting. The ergonomically designed handles makes operating the camera easy and comfortable even when wearing gloves.
Ergonomic Button & Lever Placement
The location of the function buttons and control levers have been well placed and everything is readily available at your fingertips, which makes operation of the camera smooth and straight-forward. In addition, the function buttons have been laser-engraved so that the button labels are easily visible in darker conditions.
- Optional TTL Flash Converter - Isotta's TTL Converter Electronics for automatic flash control is optional and may be added to this housing. Strobes can be added to your camera setup via 2 standard fiber optic ports or with the optional Nikonos-Style Electrical Sync Bulkhead.
- Camera Installation - The Isotta Z9 housing comes with a camera tray with locking mechanism. This makes it very straight-forward to install the camera in the housing and secures the camera perfectly in place.
- Construction - Isotta housings is made from high quality thermo-coated & anticorodal aluminum. This ensures that the housings are durable and allows maintenance of the housing to be simple and effortless.
Isotta Z9 Recommended Lenses:
- Nikon 60mm AF-S Macro
- Nikon 105mm AF-S VR
- Nikon 8-15mm fisheye lens. (Read our Nikon 8-15mm FX AF-S f/3.5-4.5E ED Zoom Fisheye Review)
- Nikon AF-S 16-35mm F4 Lens
- Nikon z 14-30 f4
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 fisheye
Read our Nikon Z9 Review to lean more about its features and why we love it for underwater photography.
- Ikelite DS-230 Strobe with modelling light
- Sea & Sea YS-D3ii
- iTorch Symbiosis Pro Strobe with Video Light SS-2 (4,000 Lumens Video Light)
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light - Bluewater Exclusive!
- Kraken Sports 3500S+ Video Light
- Kraken Sports 5000S+ Video Light
- Kraken Sports Solar Flare Mini 8000 Lumen Video Light
- Light & Motion Sola Pro 12000 Video Light
- Light & Motion Sola Pro 15000 Video Light
For more options, read our best underwater video lights recommendations.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Isotta Nikon Z9 Housing with two handles
- Front lid
- 90222 Spare main O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- Isotta standard viewfinder
- Moisture sensor
- Fiber optic connections (to shoot it needs an additional trigger)
- spare o-ring kit
- Silicone grease 15gr/0,5 oz
- 2 years manufacturer warranty