Aquatica Sony A7S III Underwater Housing
Aquatica has been well known to produce excellent aluminum underwater camera housings, and the Aquatica A7S III Housing lives up to their reputation. The housing is small, compact and lightweight which makes it great to bring when going on dive trips. It is built from high-quality aluminum which makes it robust, durable and it's built to last a lifetime. The housing has fantastic ergonomics. All buttons, levers and dials are readily available at your fingertips and can be easily accessible even while wearing thick gloves.
- Sony 28mm + fisheye conversion lens - Ultra-wide angle for wrecks, reefscapes, close-focus wide angle. You can also use the Nauticam WWL lens with the 28mm prime lens and a flat port.
- Sony 12-24mm lens - Ultra-wide zoom for whales, mantas, whale sharks, reefscapes
- Sony 16-35mm F4 lens - Wide-angle for sharks, pelagics, video
- Sony 24-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, video
- Sony 28-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, some macro
- Sony 90mm macro lens - For macro, supermacro, fish
Read our guide to the best Sony full frame lenses for underwater
- Sea & Sea YS-D3
- Inon Z-330 Underwater Strobe
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis SS-3
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light - Bluewater Exclusive!
- Fisheye Fix Neo Premium 4030 EF II Video Light
- Big Blue VTL3500P Video Light
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our list of best underwater video lights.
Sony A7S III Camera Specs:
- 12 MP BSI CMOS Full Frame Sensor
- Bioz XR Image Processor
- ISO 80-102,400
- "Low Base" and "High Base" (effectively dual gain) ISO capability for better low light shooting
- 4K video up to 120 fps
- No recording time limits. Could be limited by heat (4K @ 60p for at least an hour)
- 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording
- S-LOG, HLG, Cine logarithmic picture profiles available
- 4K @ 60p, 16-bit RAW recording with an external recorder
- 5 axis in-body image-stabilization (IBIS)
- Dual card slots (either SD or CFexpress Type A)
- 9.44 M dot Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) - the best resolution on the market!
- Movie File Formats: XAVC S (Long GOP, H.264 MP4); XAVC HS (Long GOP, H.265 HEVC); XAVC S-1 (All-Intra, H.264 MP4)
- AF tracking with human and animal eye AF capability
- 759 point hybrid AF system with 425 contrast detection points
- 3" 1.44 million dots LCD
- Weight: 21.7 oz (617g) with batteries
- Size: 5.1 X 3.8 X 2.7 in (129 X 97 X 70mm)
Sony A7S III Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater video in our full Sony A7S III Camera Review.
Sony A7S III Sample Underwater Video Footage:
Sony A7S III Sample Underwater Photos:
This nudibranch rhinophore was captured with the Sigma 105mm macro, Sony A7S III camera, and Kraken +13 diopter. f/22, 1/160, ISO 100
Three large fish eating anemones photographed with the Sony A7S III, and Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens. f/18, 1/125, ISO 500
Fast autofocus with the Sony A7S III is the only way to capture a photo of a decorated warbonnet. Photographed with a Sony A7S III, Sigma 105mm macro. f/18, 1/160, ISO 200
Related Underwater Gear Categories: