Nauticam Canon G7X III Underwater Housing
Nauticam is known for producing industry-leading aluminum underwater housings with ergonomic controls and a user-friendly experience. The Nauticam G7X III Housing is not only durable and robust, but allows full control of the camera and has great ergonomics. The Nauticam G7X Mark III housing is produced with aircraft grade aluminum which can last a lifetime.
Nauticam G7X Mark III Key Features
The housing can support HDMI output for video using its M16 bulkhead. This allows attaching external monitors such as SmallHD Bright On-Camera Monitor and Atomos Ninja V which makes focus and composition easier compare to using just the LCD screen.
Nauticam has a reputation of providing excellent ergonomics on all of their housings, and the NA-G7XIII lives up to their name. Buttons, levers and dials are easily accessible and very intuitively located. Even while wearing thick gloves the housing controls are very easy to operate.
Rotary Locking Latch
An oversized rotary latch seals the housing, and securely locks in place without risk of accidental opening.
Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The housing includes Nauticams Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System. When combined with M14 Vacuum Valve II, the system provides a constant update on the housings seal integrity. A simple color coded LED system lets the user know that the housing maintains the pressure or if the housing is losing vacuum. The leak detection provides an audible and visual indicator when there is a water breach. The system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temp or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
- Interchangeable N50 Port - To maximize the cameras long zoom lens, the housing features N50 interchangeable port system. The standard port which is included, it allows the use of the cameras full zoom range.
Recommended Wet Lenses
- Bluewater +7 macro lens
- Nauticam CMC-1 Macro Lens
- Nauticam CMC-2 Macro Lens
- Nauticam SMC-1 Macro Lens
- Nauticam Flexitray II
- Nauticam Right Handle for Flexitray II
- Nauticam 1-inch Base Ball for Easitray and Flexitray
- Nauticam Standard HDMI Bulkhead with M16 Thread
- Nauticam LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment
- Nauticam M67 Nauticam Flip Adapter (Nau-25107)
- Nauticam Universal Fiber Optic Cable
G7X Mark III Review
Read our full Canon G7X Mark III review to lean more about its features and why we love it for underwater photography.
Key Upgrades of the G7X Mark III from the Mark II
- 4K video @ 30fps and 1080p @ 120 fps
- Built-in Bluetooth and WiFi
- Ability to shoot panoramas
- External microphone jack
- 20 fps burst mode (upgraded from 8fps)
- 70 shot RAW buffer (upgraded from 21 shots)
- Ultra-fast electronic shutter for shooting wide open aperture in daylight – 1/25,600s
- Slow motion video (120 fps in 1080p)
- Supports vertical video shooting (not for live-streaming)
- Supports live streaming videos to YouTube
- Cheaper than the Canon G7X Mark II on release date
- New stacked CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 image processor
Additional Key Canon G7X Mark III specs
- 20.1 megapixel 1.0” stacked CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 image processor
- 4.2x optical zoom lens (24-100m f/1.8-2.8) with optical image stabilization
- 3.0 inch touch panel LCD screen with tilt option of 180 degrees for selfies and vloggers
- Compatible with USB charge/power supply
- Contrast-detection autofocus (no dual pixel autofocus)
- Clean HDMI output
- Native ISO: 125 – 12,800
- Size: 4.1” X 2.4" X 1.6"
- Weight: 11.3 oz (319 g)
Canon G7X Mark III Underwater Sample Images:
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Dimension: 155mm(W) x 103mm(H) x 111mm(D)
- Weight in Land: 0.95kg
- Port System: N50
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Nauticam NA-G7XIII housing
- Nauticam N50 standard port
- Instruction manual
- Spare housing o-ring
- O-ring remover
- CR2032 battery (for moisture alarm)
- Set of allen keys
- Set of handle brackets with shutter release trigger