Nauticam Sony A7R V Underwater Housing
Nauticam has been well known to produce top-quality aluminum underwater housing that is sturdy, robust with excellent ergonomics. They also offer wide variety of ports for various lenses. The NA-A7RV housing provides outstanding ergonomics, all bottons, levers and dials placement are readily available at your fingertips.
Here is some great advice on the best settings for the Sony A7R V while shooting underwater while shooting underwater.
Patented Port Locking System
The locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever.
Nauticam has a reputation of providing excellent ergonomics on all of their housings, and the housing for the Sony A7 V lives up to their name. Buttons, levers and dials are easily accessible and very intuitively located. A dedicated lever allows quick switching between Still, Movie and S&Q (VFR Video) modes. A dual thumb lever near the right handle actuates the REC and AF-ON buttons and a single lever near the left handle is for PLAYBACK.
Stainless Steel Handle Brackets
The steel brackets included with the housing provides stability and eliminates the flex and wobble when using big strobes or video lights. It also serves as attachment points for accessories such as lanyards.
Compatible Premium Optics
The housing has been designed around the N100 Port System which supports various optics. When using an E-Mount to EF-mount lens adapter and an N100 to N120 adapter more lenses and ports are compatible with the housing. Wet lenses such as WACP, WACP-1 or WWL-1B for wide angle and SMC-1 or SMC-2 for macro/super-macro are also supported.
- Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
- Strobe Triggering - Integrated fiber optic bulkheads and be used with the Nauticam Flash Trigger. Electronic triggering is also an option via Nikonos bulkhead.
- Camera Compatibility - The NA-A7RV is also compatible with the Sony A7 IV whe used with the 17433UK Conversion Kit.
Sony A7R V in Review: Underwater in Raja Ampat
This year's top underwater camera is the Sony A7R V. The A7R V is Sony's response to the market-leading Canon EOS R5 as a worthy successor to the A7R IV. The Sony A7R V has the same ultra-high resolution 61 megapixel sensor as the A7R IV and is priced similarly to the Canon R5 at $3898 for the body. A new AI autofocus processor, 8K/24p & 4K/60p video recording, and better 5-axis in-body image stabilization are a few of the camera's notable improvements. With these capabilities, the camera will certainly be able to compete in the high-end professional market.
With great excitement we were able to take the SonyA7R V on our latest Bluewater Travel photoworkshop in Raja Ampat. The results speak for themselves.
For a more in depth review, please read our full underwater review of the Sony A7R V.
Beautiful soft corals at Four Kings, Misool photographed with the Sony A7R V, Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens, Sigma MC-11 adapter, and dual Ikelite DS 230 Strobes. f/16, 1/125, ISO 320
The Sony A7R V is excellent at capturing fast-moving odd macro critters like this crab and focusing on their eyes. f/16, 1/160, ISO 200
A split shot in Misool Indonesia of a black tip reef shark captured with the Sony A7R V. f/14, 1/125, ISO 400
Recommended Lenses and Ports:
Best Sony FE Lenses (native Sony Full Frame Lenses):
- Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro - Best choice for Macro Photography
- Sony FE 16-35mm F4 - Great rectilinear lens for wide angle, large animals, etc
- Sony FE 28mm F2 - Prime lens for video, medium range, fish portraits, etc
- Pair with Sony 16mm Fisheye Conversion Lens for FE 28mm - Incredible 180° Angle of View, great for reef scenes, wrecks, etc
- Pair with the Nauticam WWL-1 Wet Wide Lens - gives you flexible fisheye view at 130° Angle of View, with ability to remove underwater and shoot at 28mm.
Other Sony FE Lens Options:
- Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 - good basic kit lens, medium zoom
- Sony FE 24-70mm F4 - more expensive medium range zoom lens
- Sony FE 35mm F2.8
- Nauticam Vacuum Valve M14
- Nauticam 45 Degree Viewfinder
- Nauticam 180 Viewfinder
- Nauticam Compact Macro Converter CMC-2
- Nauticam Wet Wide Lens WWL-1 130°
- Nauticam Flash Trigger (26302)
- Nauticam Flip Diopter Holder for M67 Macro Port
- Nauticam Double Flip Diopter Holder for M67 Macro Port
- Nauticam Universal Fiber Optic Cable
- Nauticam Universal Sync Cord Bulkhead
- Nauticam Standard HDMI Bulkhead with M16 Thread
- Snap-clip lanyard for easy carrying of the housing
- Spare Housing O-Ring
- Nauticam O-Ring for N100 Ports
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Nauticam Housings, Ports and Optics
- Underwater Strobes
- Underwater Photo Gear
- Underwater Camera Rental
- Alternative Sony A7R V Housing Options
- Nauticam NA-A7RV Housing
- Spare main housing o-ring
- O-ring remover
- 2 Handles
- 2 Mounting balls
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery for moisture alarm and vacuum detector
- Set of allen keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded bag with shoulder strap