Isotta Sony A7 IV Underwater Housing
The Ferrari of the Sea
Isotta has been known to produce high quality aluminum housings and their Isotta Sony A7 IV Underwater Housing is certainly no exception. The underwater housing is small & compact in size, has excellent ergonomics and is very durable. It features a unique way to open the housing with its single-hand locking system. In addition, it uses a double o-ring seal design to ensure the integrity of the housings seal.
The Isotta A7 IV housing has easy access to all key/main camera controls, even with gloves on, by means of the clearly labeled lasered long-life buttons. The back door of the housing has a large glass window, allowing you to easily view the LCD screen while shooting, as well as a viewfinder display depending on your desired shooting technique. The back door is fully removable from the housing to allow the camera to fit more easily inside the housing.
Isotta Housing Features:
One Hand Open/Close
The housings can be easily be opened and closed using Isotta's innovative single-hand locking system. The single latch closing mechanism makes it unique and very effortless to operate yet secure with its double steel pins design at the bottom of the housing.
Double O-Ring Seal
The Isotta Sony A7 IV Underwater Housing utilizes the double o-ring seal design to ensure that the camera is always safe and dry inside the camera. It is always good to have a redundant o-ring on your seal to make sure that everything will be a-ok while underwater.
A pair of comfortable and ergonomically designed handles is included with the housing. Various accessories are available that can be directly fitted on the handles to make your shooting experience great.
Sony 7 IV Underwater Review
- Back Window - The back of the housing has a large glass window to display cameras LCD clearly.
- Camera Installation - It comes with a camera tray with locking mechanism which makes installation very straight-forward and secures the camera in place inside the housing
- Construction - Isotta housings is made from high quality thermo-coated & anticordal aluminum, which makes maintenance very simple.
- Two fiber optic connections standard (to shoot it needs an additional trigger).
- Three M16 holes and one M24 for installation of accessories, e.g. syncro cords, vacuum valves, monitors.
- Back housing completely detachable from the front housing.
- Moisture sensor with LED indicator (replaceable battery).
- Removable port 120 mm bayonet.
- M8 hole located on upper side of the housing for various accessories such as focus lights.
- Two M6 holes located on housing bottom side for different accessories such as brackets for strobes or tripods.
Recommended Lenses and Ports:
- Sony 28mm + fisheye conversion lens - Ultra-wide angle for wrecks, reefscapes, close-focus wide angle. You can also use the Nauticam WWL lens with the 28mm prime lens and a flat port.
- Sony 12-24mm lens - Ultra-wide zoom for whales, mantas, whale sharks, reefscapes
- Sony 16-35mm F4 lens - Wide-angle for sharks, pelagics, video
- Sony 24-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, video
- Sony 28-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, some macro
- Sony 90mm macro lens - For macro, supermacro, fish
Read our guide to the best Sony full frame lenses for underwater
- Sea & Sea YS-D3
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis Pro Strobe with Video Light SS-2 (4,000 Lumens Video Light)
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our list of best underwater video lights.
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
Sony A7 IV Underwater Sample Images
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 633-5052 with any questions.
- Isotta Sony A7IV underwater housing
- Front lid
- ISOTTA standard viewfinder
- Moisture sensor
- Fibre optic connections (to shoot it needs a additional trigger)
- Spare o-ring kit
- Silicone grease 15gr/0.5oz
- 2 years manufacturers warantee