Isotta Sony A7S III Underwater Housing
The Ferrari of the Sea
Isotta has been known to produce high quality aluminum housings and their Isotta Sony A7S III Underwater Housing is certainly no exception. The underwater housing is small & compact in size, has excellent ergonomics and is very durable. It features a unique way to open the housing with its single-hand locking system. In addition, it uses a double o-ring seal design to ensure the integrity of the housings seal.
The Isotta A7S III housing has easy access to all key/main camera controls, even with gloves on, by means of the clearly labeled lasered long-life buttons. The back door of the housing has a large glass window, allowing you to easily view the LCD screen while shooting, as well as a viewfinder display depending on your desired shooting technique. The back door is fully removable from the housing to allow the camera to fit more easily inside the housing.
Isotta Housing Features:
One Hand Open/Close
The housings can be easily be opened and closed using Isotta's innovative single-hand locking system. The single latch closing mechanism makes it unique and very effortless to operate yet secure with its double steel pins design at the bottom of the housing.
Double O-Ring Seal
The Isotta Sony A7S III Underwater Housing utilizes the double o-ring seal design to ensure that the camera is always safe and dry inside the camera. It is always good to have a redundant o-ring on your seal to make sure that everything will be a-ok while underwater.
A pair of comfortable and ergonomically designed handles is included with the housing. Various accessories are available that can be directly fitted on the handles to make your shooting experience great.
- Back Window - The back of the housing has a large glass window to display cameras LCD clearly.
- Camera Installation - It comes with a camera tray with locking mechanism which makes installation very straight-forward and secures the camera in place inside the housing
- Construction - Isotta housings is made from high quality thermo-coated & anticordal aluminum, which makes maintenance very simple.
Recommended Lenses and Ports:
- Sony 28mm + fisheye conversion lens - Ultra-wide angle for wrecks, reefscapes, close-focus wide angle. You can also use the Nauticam WWL lens with the 28mm prime lens and a flat port.
- Sony 12-24mm lens - Ultra-wide zoom for whales, mantas, whale sharks, reefscapes
- Sony 16-35mm F4 lens - Wide-angle for sharks, pelagics, video
- Sony 24-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, video
- Sony 28-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, some macro
- Sony 90mm macro lens - For macro, supermacro, fish
Read our guide to the best Sony full frame lenses for underwater
- Sea & Sea YS-D3
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis Pro Strobe with Video Light SS-2 (4,000 Lumens Video Light)
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our list of best underwater video lights.
Sony A7S III Camera Specs:
- 12 MP BSI CMOS Full Frame Sensor
- Bioz XR Image Processor
- ISO 80-102,400
- "Low Base" and "High Base" (effectively dual gain) ISO capability for better low light shooting
- 4K video up to 120 fps
- No recording time limits. Could be limited by heat (4K @ 60p for at least an hour)
- 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording
- S-LOG, HLG, Cine logarithmic picture profiles available
- 4K @ 60p, 16-bit RAW recording with an external recorder
- 5 axis in-body image-stabilization (IBIS)
- Dual card slots (either SD or CFexpress Type A)
- 9.44 M dot Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) - the best resolution on the market!
- Movie File Formats: XAVC S (Long GOP, H.264 MP4); XAVC HS (Long GOP, H.265 HEVC); XAVC S-1 (All-Intra, H.264 MP4)
- AF tracking with human and animal eye AF capability
- 759 point hybrid AF system with 425 contrast detection points
- 3" 1.44 million dots LCD
- Weight: 21.7 oz (617g) with batteries
- Size: 5.1 X 3.8 X 2.7 in (129 X 97 X 70mm)
Sony A7S III Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater video in our full Sony A7S III Camera Review.
Sony A7S III Sample Underwater Video Footage:
Sony A7S III Sample Underwater Photos:
This nudibranch rhinophore was captured with the Sigma 105mm macro, Sony A7S III camera, and Kraken +13 diopter. f/22, 1/160, ISO 100
Three large fish eating anemones photographed with the Sony A7S III, and Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens. f/18, 1/125, ISO 500
Fast autofocus with the Sony A7S III is the only way to capture a photo of a decorated warbonnet. Photographed with a Sony A7S III, Sigma 105mm macro. f/18, 1/160, ISO 200
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 633-5052 with any questions.