Nauticam Sony A7S III Underwater Housing
Nauticam sets a high bar of excellence in their underwater housings. The Nauticam A7S III underwater housing is a top quality aluminum underwater housing designed with excellent ergonomics. This housing is smaller than a standard dSLR housing, has an excellent port lock system, and supports a huge variety of lenses. The bulkheads support different combinations of sync cords, external monitors and/or their highly recommended vacuum valve system.
Most people who use strobes with this housing end up getting the flash trigger, for faster firing through fiber optic cables. If you are shooting video, I'd recommend two underwater video lights. Almost everyone end up getting the optional vacuum valve. Last, but not least, keep in mind that ports are optional - you'll need at least one flat port or one dome port, depending on which lens you want to use.
Patented Port Locking System
The locking lever has been a signature of Nauticam. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever.
Housing Locking Latches
Easy use housing closure system, requiring very little hand strength to operate, secures the housing back in place. The latches are safely locked to prevent accidental opening, but are easy to open when needed for a quick battery or memory card change.
The Nauticam Sony A7S III Underwater Housing supports HDMI 2.0 connection for external monitor
Nauticam housings has been designed to have top-notch ergonomics. Essential shooting controls are very accessible even while holding the housing grips.
- N100 Port System - The housing utilizes the N100 port system which is compatible with lots of lenses available on the market.
- Vacuum Check & Leak Detection System - The Nauticam A7S III Underwater Housing is equipped with Nauticams Vacuum Check & Leak Detection System pre-installed. The monitoring system provides a constant update on the housing seal integrity when combined with Nauticam M14 Vacuum Valve. For the leak detection, if there are any water intrusion inside the housing, an audible and visual indicator will be activated. The housing is also temperature compensated to avoid any false alarms.
HDMI 2.0 - Recommended Housing: Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing
- Sony 28mm + fisheye conversion lens - Ultra-wide angle for wrecks, reefscapes, close-focus wide angle. You can also use the Nauticam WWL lens with the 28mm prime lens and a flat port.
- Sony 12-24mm lens - Ultra-wide zoom for whales, mantas, whale sharks, reefscapes
- Sony 16-35mm F4 lens - Wide-angle for sharks, pelagics, video
- Sony 24-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, video
- Sony 28-70mm lens - For fish, marine life portraits, some macro
- Sony 90mm macro lens - For macro, supermacro, fish
Of course, you can use Canon lenses with the metabones adapter, such as the Canon 8-15mm fisheye or the Canon 16-35mm lenses. Nikonos lenses are also supported with the optional nikonos adapter. Focus gears are available for manual focus for some lenses.
Read our guide to the best Sony full frame lenses for underwater
- Sea & Sea YS-D3
- Inon Z-330 Underwater Strobe
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- iTorch Symbiosis SS-3
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our Buyer's Guide for Best Underwater Strobes
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light - Bluewater Exclusive!
- Fisheye Fix Neo Premium 4030 EF II Video Light
- Big Blue VTL3500P Video Light
For other options, see our other recommended strobes see our list of best underwater video lights.
- Nauticam Vacuum Valve
- Nauticam 180° Viewfinder
- Nauticam 45° Viewfinder
- Nauticam Mini Flash Trigger for Sony
- Nauticam Universal Fiber Optic Cable
- Nauticam Mounting Ball Set for Tripod
Sony A7S III Camera Review:
Learn more about the camera features and why we love it for underwater video in our full Sony A7S III Camera Review.
Sony A7S III Sample Underwater Video Footage:
Sony A7S III Sample Underwater Photos:
This nudibranch rhinophore was captured with the Sigma 105mm macro, Sony A7S III camera, and Kraken +13 diopter. f/22, 1/160, ISO 100
Three large fish eating anemones photographed with the Sony A7S III, and Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens. f/18, 1/125, ISO 500
Fast autofocus with the Sony A7S III is the only way to capture a photo of a decorated warbonnet. Photographed with a Sony A7S III, Sigma 105mm macro. f/18, 1/160, ISO 200
Related Underwater Gear Categories:
- Dimension: 339mm(W) x 170mm(H) x 125mm(D)
- Weight on Land: 2.7kg
- Weight Underwater: 0.56kg with camera & battery
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Nauticam Sony A7SIII Housing
- Spare main O-ring
- O-Ring Remover
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum dector)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual Instruction Card
- Padded Housing Bag and Shoulder Strap